Repeat after us - It is not expensive to have healthier food choices in Singapore.
There is no need to make a beeline for the expensive organic produce, nor a need to spend a large portion of your time daily slaving over a hot stove and cooking from scratch.
Healthy meals can be quick, easy and on a budget! Here's a great example for you - Overnight Oats. You can have it for breakfast, a snack or a quick bite for lunch if need be.
Nutritious, and can be prepared in a quick 15mins. Here's what you need:
- a 200ml Mason Jar ( You can get one at Daiso for $2)
- Fresh Milk ($6 for 2L)
- Rolled Oats (Dr. Gram Premium Organic Instant Rolled Oats 500gm at $4.80)
- Dried Apricots (Nature's Superfoods Organic Dried Apricots 140gm at $5.50)
- Almonds & Cacao Nibs ( To add a crunch to your oats! Bruneus Snacks Activated Almonds & Cacao Nibs Clusters 30g at $3.75)
- Peanut Butter (If you like things sweeter -add a teaspoon! Fix & Fogg Peanut Butter Smooth 375gm at $9.95)
The above quantities can prepare 10 servings -> 10 days of breakfast!
1. Place 50 grams (0.5 - 1 cup) of oats into the mason jar
2. Cut up or dice 1 or 2 pieces of dried apricot, and place into mason jar
3. Sprinkle a teaspoon of crushed almond and cacao nibs into mason jar
4. Place in 1 to 2 teaspoons of peanut butter ( or to preference) in mason jar
5. Fill with milk till all toppings are covered
6. Leave in fridge overnight
The total bill for the above ingredients is $24. Each serving is less than $3!
To celebrate Fitlion's 12th Birthday Bash, we're giving away a bundle of our #FitlionFam Limaran's Favourite snacks/ food items:
- Fix & Fogg's Peanut Butter (Smooth)
- Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Nature's Superfood Tricolor Quinoa
To win, simply follow @Fitlion on instagram and double-tap on giveaway post!
Contest ends 26th July 2019 2359 hours.