Now you'll be the first one to know the
latest news and promotions!
A Brain Superfuel & Immunity Booster
Or 3 interest-free payment of $5.97 with Rely info
Those who are truly health-conscious know about the goodness of Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO). Epidemiological studies have shown that despite coconut’s high saturated fat content, populations (for e.g. the South Pacific Islanders) whose primary source of food was the coconut were relatively healthy and trim before they moved to a more Western diet later on. These populations, during the olden days, were not plagued by modern lifestyle diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart diseases. Such diseases are now prevalent in modern Western cultures due to the highly refined diet. Researchers who studied the South Pacific Islanders also discovered healthy cholesterol levels among these people! It is now commonly known that the high amount of saturated fat in a coconut-based diet does not bring about adverse effects on cholesterol levels.
Virgin Coconut Oil is known for its high level of beneficial Medium-Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs) which is converted into energy readily by the body instead of being stored as fat; these MCFAs also exhibit antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Why choose Nature’s Superfoods Extra Virgin Coconut Oil:
-Certified Organic with USDA and EU
-Unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil, non-hydrogenated
-Made from 100% fresh organic coconuts which are harvested, cold-pressed, centrifuged and bottled within 8 hours on the same day in the country of origin.
-No high-heat or any chemical treatment involved
-One of the lowest water content in the industry – water content in oil leads to rancidity
-Over 50% Lauric Acid (a medium-chain fatty acid with strong anti-viral properties)
-Mild and delicate flavor and aroma – Smooth and easy (no unpleasant oiliness) on tongue and throat
-Clear and transparent oil at room temperature (tropical climate)
Botanical name: Cocos nucifera
Organic certifications:USDA, Control Union (EU)
1. Strengthens the Immune System – fights viruses and diseases. Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) has high amounts of Lauric Acid, the star medium-chain fatty acid with strong antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Lauric Acid (found in mother's breast milk) is otherwise rarely found in nature and VCO has loads of it!.
2.Could Improve Neurodegenerative Conditions such as Alzheimer's and Dementia - the MCFAs in Coconut Oil get converted into ketones in the liver. Studies show that ketones appear to be the preferred fuel for the brains of those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or diabetes. Just over 2 tablespoons of VCO a day could help prevent degenerative neurological conditions, according to Dr Newport.
3. Improves Cholesterol Levels – protects against heart disease. A study has shown that VCO increases good cholesterol (HDL) levels, decreases LDL/HDL ratio, and reduces abdominal obesity (think smaller waistline), when coupled with a low-calorie diet and moderate exercise.
4. Boosts Metabolism – ingestion of MCFAs helps increase thermogenesis- VCO can be an effective aid in weight loss efforts, especially when regular exercise is also incorporated.
5. Boosts Energy and Endurance – enhances physical and athletic performance due to the direct conversion of MCFAs into energy.
6. Helps Keep Blood Glucose Levels Under Control - VCO has been shown to improve insulin secretion and utilisation of blood glucose. As reported in the Journal of the Indian Medical Association, Type II diabetes in India has increased as people have abandoned their traditional oils like coconut oil, in favor of supposedly 'heart-friendly' polyunsaturated vegetable oils.
7. Improves Detoxification, Digestion, Bowel Function and Nutrient Absorption - VCO cleans and strengthens colon tissues, helps restore regular bowel activity.
8. As a Natural Remedy for Dry skin and Hair - As VCO is a multi-purpose oil, it can be used topically to moisturize dry/wrinkled skin, hair, as well as skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. The antioxidant properties of VCO is especially useful in fight free radicals in our bodies.
100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Servings per bottle(500ml): 36
Serving size: 14ml (1 tablespoon)
|Per Serving||Per 100ml|
- As a dietary supplement – 2-4 tablespoons a day with/after meals. For beginners, start with 1 tablespoon a day.
- Mix 1-2 tbsp of VCO into your oatmeal, porridge or smoothies
- Use as a healthy cooking oil or for baking
- Apply to dry skin or hair as a moisturizer/conditioner. VCO is also a good yet gentle make up remover.
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight. Pure VCO solidifies (becomes milky white) in temperatures below 24°C
Not ready to be a Fitlion member yet?
We still want to be friends.
Join our mailing list & enjoy $5 off your purchase.