Now you'll be the first one to know the
latest news and promotions!
Prebiotic Healthy Snack
Naturally (Mildly) Sweet & Chewy
Improves Digestion, Detoxification & Absorption of Nutrients
Or 3 interest-free payment of $2.31 with Rely info
If you think sweet is unhealthy, Yacon Root will prove you wrong. Yacon, though deliciously sweet, is a natural dietetic and prebiotic food. It is grown in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador) for its crisp, sweet-tasting tuberous root. The texture and flavor have been described as a cross between a fresh apple and watermelon.Traditionally, Yacon has been used in South America both as food and to help control blood sugar and improve digestion.
Yacon root is considered the world’s richest natural source of fructo-oligosaccharides(FOS), a form of prebiotic fibre which passes through the digestive tract unmetabolized (meaning it is not absorbed by our bodies) but does the work of stimulating the growth of good intestinal micro-flora by feeding the probiotic(good) bacteria in our digestive system while simultaneously reducing the population of harmful bacteria such as Candida albicans. Consequently, consuming Yacon improves colon health, digestion, detoxification and our immune system.
While being satisfyingly sweet due to its naturally-occuring FOS content, Yacon root remains low in calories (because FOS is not able to be metabolized in the body) and very low in Glycemic Index (GI), which is good news for all, including diabetics.
In short, Nature's Superfoods Organic Dried Yacon Root Slices are ideal as a prebiotic, low-calorie food for those on weight-control diets, cancer-fighting diets, for diabetics and for those who want to avoid calorie-laden processed snacks. Yacon Roots are also rich in antioxidants and glyconutrients.
Botanical Name : Smallanthus sonchifolius.
Organic Certifications : USDA, EU
Gluten-free, Raw. Extremely low in Glycemic Index (GI) <1.
Nature's Superfoods' Dried Yacon Root Slices are made from 100% organic Yacon roots from Peru with 35-40% FOS content. Yacon roots are sliced and dehydrated at low temperatures to preserve all nutrients. There are no other ingredients, additives or sugar added to this perfectly healthy snack.
Health Benefits of Dried Yacon Root Slices:
1. Improves Metabolism, Digestion, Detoxification - Yacon, being a pre-biotic, stimulates the growth of bacteria beneficial to human health in the intestine, and thus promoting a healthy gut flora. As Hippocrates said - all disease begins in the gut. An unhealthy gut flora is linked to many health problems including obesity, diabetes, depression, among many others.
2. Prevents Constipation, Normalize Bowel Movements - keeps colon functioning well.
3. Protects against osteoporosis - preclinical studies indicate an increase in bone density i.e. strengthening of bones. According to a 2009 study in the “Journal of Medicinal Food”, consuming yacon root may even reverse bone loss as it improves calcium and magnesium absorption in the body.
4. Improves absorption of nutrients, esp. the B vitamins
5. Beneficial effect on weight loss efforts, obesity and LDL-cholesterol levels - besides promoting a a healthy gut flora, Yacon Root also has important antioxidants/phenolic compounds like chlorogenic and ferulic acid that has anti-diabetic and anti-obesity properties.
6. Helps lower blood sugar and regulate insulin levels- according to a study done on obese volunteers with insulin resistance, and published in "Clinical Nutrition" (April 2009). The study also showed that yacon syrup promoted weight loss and suppressed appetite.Hence, Yacon Syrup is suitable as a diabetic and dietetic food.
8. Strengthens the Immune System - as it promotes a healthy gut flora and more efficient absorption of nutrients.
100% Organic Yacon Root, Dried
Servings per package(40g): 4
Serving size: 10g
|Per Serving||Per 100g|
|- Saturated Fat||0g||0g|
|- Trans fat||0g||0g|
|- Dietry Fiber||3.4g||34.1g|
Recommended Serving: 10g or a handful per day. Suitable for all ages. Diabetic-friendly.
Storage: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Eat them right out of the bag! Dried Yacon Root Slices are naturally (mildly) sweet and chewy. A healthy prebiotic snack. Makes a great travel snack (to avoid constipation).
Recommended serving: About 10g a day.
Caution: Don't eat too much in one seating or it will give you stomach upset due to its prebiotic effects.
Not ready to be a Fitlion member yet?
We still want to be friends.
Join our mailing list & enjoy $5 off your purchase.