Now you'll be the first one to know the
latest news and promotions!
The Aztec Omega 3 Superfood
Certified Organic to USDA and European Union standards
High in Omega 3, Antioxidants and Fibre
Or 3 interest-free payment of $3.97 with Rely info
Chia Seeds are packed with OMEGA 3, ANTIOXIDANTS and DIETARY FIBRE!
Chia seeds are an ancient superfood consumed by the ancient civilizations, Aztecs and Mayans. Chia means "strength" in the Mayan language, and was a source of energy for long voyages and food for warriors, combined with corn. Chia is also known as the perfect 'running food'; it is said that the Tarahumara Indians in Mexico is able to run all day on the energy from chia seeds mixed with water and lemon juice (a recipe called chia fresca or iskiate)
Chia is the richest plant source of Omega-3 fatty acids. It has a good range of B vitamins, more calcium than milk, healthy omega-3 oils, high levels of anti-oxidants, and important trace-minerals such as boron, which prevents arthritis and osteoporosis. The seeds are also a good source of dietary fibre.
Our Chia Seeds are 100% vegetal, gluten-free, non GMO and grown without the use of pesticides or chemicals. These seeds are certified organic to the USDA and EU (Control Union) standards. These organic certifications provide additional assurance to end-consumers on the quality and organic nature of this superfood. That is why we have no qualms on calling our Peruvian Chia Seeds our premium chia seeds.
Botanical name : Salvia hispanica L. Produce of Peru.
Appearance: Small, oval seeds of a mix of black, white, grey, brown seeds (typical of black chia).
Odour/Taste : Very mild, characteristic of fresh chia.
Lasts 3 years or more when stored in dry place, room/cool temperature.
Nature's Superfoods Chia Seeds is packed in an AVA-licensed facility. Our organic Peruvian Chia seeds have been microbiologically tested to be safe for human consumption and contain about 20% of Omega 3 fatty acids (test results from a Singapore accredited laboratory).
What’s the difference between Black Chia Seeds and White Chia Seeds? Answer: There is no significant nutritional difference between the black and white seeds. Both have their fair share of Omega 3, antioxidants and dietary fibre. White chia seeds will probably be more visually appealing in food recipes. However dark-colored foods are known to have more antioxidants than light-colored foods, generally speaking, due to high pigment content.
1. Good source of slow-releasing energy. Chia Seeds have a very low GI (GI=1). You will experience more stamina during workouts, your body will stay hydrated longer. The high fiber content of chia seeds help improve satiety, decrease energy intake (you eat less), and consequently, support weight loss plans.
2. Cleans your digestive track, helps in elimination of toxins – improves bowel movement and constipation due to the high dietary fibre content.
3. Benefits skin, joints, brain and heart due to high content of Omega 3 fatty acids. Those experiencing oily skin condition and joint pain (for example in arthritic condition) can benefit from consuming chia seeds daily. The essential fatty acid (EFAs) in Chia Seeds also improve concentration and brain functions.
4. Improves diabetes condition. The gel formed when chia seeds 'expand' is due to the soluble fibre in chia. This gel slows down the conversion of carbohydrates to sugar, thus helping to stabilize blood sugar. A more consistent energy level is reached and cravings are reduced. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition, Jan 2009, found that chia seeds could normalize insulin resistance in diabetic rats while reducing the fat and cholesterol in their blood.
5. Improves cholesterol levels. Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown in studies to enhance one's HDL cholesterol and lower the LDL cholesterol, which leads to an improvement of total cholesterol/HDL ratio. Chia seeds naturally contains both soluble & insoluble fiber and essential fatty acids incl Omega 3, all of which can aid cholesterol management.
6. Decreases systolic blood pressure. A research in type 2 diabetic patients has shown that about about 40 g of Chia Seeds per day (for 12 weeks) resulted in significantly decreased systolic blood pressure as well as a significant reduction in C-reactive protein (CRP), a blood protein that is a measure of chronic inflammation.
100% Organic Whole Chia Seeds
Servings per package(450g): 30
Serving size: 15g (approx. 2 tablespoons)
|Per serving||Per 100g|
|Energy (Kcal.)||77 (323kJ)||513 (2155kJ)|
|Omega 3 fatty acids||3g||20g|
|Omega 6 fatty acids||1g||7g|
Storage: Seal tightly. Keep in a cool, dry place.
How to consume the very versatile Chia Seeds :
-Add 1 tbsp of seeds directly to 1 full glass of water, smoothies, juices, beverages. Hot or cold- does not matter. Stir liquid quickly for a while so that seeds will not clump together. Let sit for a few minutes (for the seeds to soak up the liquid and to form a gelatinous layer – this is good for nutrient absorption in the body. Drink up the liquid together with the seeds. You can also keep the mixture in the fridge for the seeds to absorb even more liquid and ‘expand’ more, which is great for enhancing nutrient absorption in the body. (overnight soaking is best for maximum benefits in terms of digestion and nutrition)
-Make chia gel (mix chia seeds and small amount of water – 1 portion seed to 4 or 6 portions water –stir and let mixture sit for a while-15 to 30min- till it becomes gel) – stir chia gel into salad dressings, porridges, deserts.-Bake chia seeds with breads, cookies.
-Mix the seeds directly into salads, soups, yoghurt, cereals, desserts, etc.
-Bake bread, cakes, cookies, with whole chia seeds (the heat won't affect the nutrients)
Experiment creatively with chia seeds! They are extremely versatile with any recipe.
Recommended daily intake : 2 tablespoons or 15g, any time in the day/night.
Children to take 1/2 (half) the recommended serving of adults.
Note: As Chia Seeds have a natural blood-thinning effect and can lower blood pressure, it may not be a suitable daily supplement for those with a history of low blood pressure.
Not ready to be a Fitlion member yet?
We still want to be friends.
Join our mailing list & enjoy $5 off your purchase.