Now you'll be the first one to know the
latest news and promotions!
Nutrient-Dense Whole Grain Mix
A Complete Protein Nutritious Whole Grain with all 9 essential amino acids, B Vitamin, Minerals
Or 3 interest-free payment of $3.30 with Rely info
Nature’s Superfoods’ Andean Grains Medley is made up of Quinoa and Amaranth seeds. Since the time of ancient Inca and Aztec civilizations, both seeds have been historically regarded to be sacred whole grains that give amazing strength to those who consume them. Quinoa and Amaranth seeds have similar nutrient profiles, and they have high levels of quality protein with all the 9 essential amino acids, including good amounts of lysine. Such a profile is lacking in most other grains. In addition, Andean Grains Medley has good amounts of dietary fiber, B vitamins and a wide range of minerals, especially iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
This medley of ancient grains can be considered one of the most complete natural foods in the world with a myriad of nutrients that the human body needs. Based on their high nutritional value, both Quinoa and Amaranth seeds were selected by NASA as well-balanced foods for astronauts,.
Amaranth seeds make a great addition to the family of Quinoa seeds, due to its higher iron and squalene content. When cooked together with Quinoa, Amaranth adds a nice texture and flavor as well.
Organic certifications: USDA, Control Union EU, JAS
Naturally gluten-free. Vegan. Pre-washed.
Andean Grains Medley is a great superfood for the whole family- children, adults and the elderly. This whole-grain mixture provides all essential amino acids (necessary for tissue development and repair), magnesium, iron, calcium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, and Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and many other phytonutrients.
1. Great for Growing/Malnourished Children and for Vegans: Not many whole grains can claim to be complete-protein whole grains with all 9 essential amino acids. Both Quinoa and Amaranth are recommended super-grains with excellent amino acid profile –essential for human growth and development as well as for the process of healing. These ancient grains are also great for vegans.
2. Improves Anemia: Andean Grains Medley is an ideal food for those suffering from anemia, as it is also a good source of iron. (Amaranth has twice more iron than Quinoa)
3. Improves heart health: Consuming Andean Grains Medley regularly may help lower cholesterol (LDL- the ‘bad’ cholesterol) and triglycerides due to the presence of a significant amount of phytosterols and squalene. This whole-grain mix is also a good source of magnesium and contain bioactive peptides which help to relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
4. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits: Andean Grains Medley contains polyphenols like vitamin E, quercetin, kaempferol and Omega fatty acids, which help fight free radical damage, thus promoting a healthy immune system and reducing the risk of cancer.
5. Improves Digestive Health: Andean Grains Medley is high in dietary, colon cleansing fiber - helps maintain a healthy digestive system and reduce the chances of getting gallstones.
6. Supports Healthy Weight Loss/ Helps Build Lean Muscles: Andean Grains Medley will make you feel full longer due to slow-releasing carbohydrates. The low glycemic index (GI) and the high-quality protein makes this whole-grain mix an excellent choice food for bodybuilders who wish to cut down on fats, while developing lean muscles.
All organic ingredients: White Quinoa Seeds, Red Quinoa Seeds, Black Quinoa Seeds, Amaranth Seeds
Servings per package(500g): about 6
Serving size: 80g or half cup dry
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Refrigerate after opening to extend storage life.
How to enjoy Andean Grains Medley:
Andean Grains Medley has a nice nutty flavor when cooked, and has a slightly crunchy texture. It is versatile and can be eaten like rice.
Rinse the grains under running water. Bring to a boil in a saucepan – 1 part grains, 2 parts water/stock, and then reduce the heat to low, simmer for another 15min or so until the medley has absorbed the water. The cooked Quinoa will be plump and a white “curly tail” will be visible. One cup of uncooked Andean Grains Medley makes 3-4 cups of cooked grains. You can add the cooked grains directly into cereals, soups, sauces, curries, etc. This is a very versatile whole-grain mix.
If you wish to have some rice in your meals, you can add Ancient Grains Medley to rice, and cook the mixture in a rice cooker. The same grain-to-water ratio applies, just like when cooking rice. The mixture of these whole grains with rice will lower the Glycemic index of the meal, which is very much better for your blood sugar levels.
Leftover cooked grains store well in the refrigerator for a few days.
To cook Andean Grains Medley to have a porridge-like texture: add 1 portion of grain and 3-4 portions of water/broth (ratio- 1:4) to pot and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20-25 min till the texture of the mixture becomes like porridge. Add in your preferred ingredients like coconut palm sugar, nuts, milk, beans, etc. to enjoy a nutritious breakfast/meal.
Get $8 sign-up bonus
Earn Unlimited Cashback.
Don't Miss Out On
$8 sign-up bonus
Earn Unlimited Cashback.
Free Lifetime Membership.